10.05.2008

A Moment Of Weirdness

I am turning 25 in a few months and it feels like I am dealing with a quarter-century-crisis!
Can you imagine when I turn 30? 40?! 50?!?
How did I let this get out of hand?!

As I was packing today to head back home from London, Ontario, I noticed something really disturbing with my wardrobe collection. My clothes consisted mostly of the colour black. In a way, as I have said in the previous post, I am stuck in a rut and it is clearly showing with my wardrobe. This is really worrying me because I feel like I am not myself anymore and it is showing with the way I am dressing as well. I thoroughly enjoy watching any type of makeover shows, such as TLC's What Not To Wear. Before the big reveal of change, the people that get their makeovers done talk about or will be revealed in some form of how they got to where they are at. And some of them, you can clearly see along the way that they had lost their sense of self. Their confidence had faded and so they stopped caring of how they looked. I don't want that to happen to me...but it seems to be creeping up behind me.

I have lost passion for the things I used to obsess over.

Even my behaviour has been very disappointing lately, especially last night. This is not how I want to handle with whatever I am dealing with. I need to create a healthier outlet than what I have been doing lately.

HOWEVER...

I do think this is a great opportunity for me to start fresh and find myself once again. This could also help me refresh my love and passion for art. Which means, visiting galleries (I have a couple in mind already), reading and creating something artistic again instead of being glued to the computer all day. I should also read more books like I used to! I should spend time with old friends that I have not seen in a while. Lastly, become more physically active like I used to. There are so much things out there, and it felt like I have shut the door from everything that was familiar to me.

I know I will be fine and it's just a detour from what I have had planned. I always bounce back from any problems and learn from it. I will be shiny and sparkly once again. You just wait! Haha...

5 comments:

DGN said...

Hey, I know what you mean. I recently noticed that I own a lot of blue clothing...I'm not sure why, but I barely own anything red. Well good for you for noticing. You know what would be a great way for you to start up with your passion for art : creating a painting for me to put up in my room haha! Also, on the reading front, I find autobiographies really interesting. Seeing how other people fought against adversity. I've got Ted Rogers' one right now. Also how to lose friends would be the next one I read. OK OK, too much.. but don't worry, realization is the first step to making a change!

Ms. Banana said...

That's a good idea about biographies actually. Would I be able to borrow Ted Rogers' biography? The man seems to own everything now so I might as well find out how he became that successful.
And yes, I will make a painting for you after I made one or two for my family, because they requested some as well.
Let me know when you want to purchase 'How to Lose Friends' because I can give you my coupon.
Thanks D! :D

DGN said...

Damn straight your giving me your coupon...j/k. Thanks for that. How much is the coupon off anyways? I can actually get you a copy of the book. We all got copies here and I think Eileen wanted to give hers away, so you might be in luck.

Ms. Banana said...

The coupon is $5 off if you purchase anything over $35. Or else, I have my irewards card which is 10% off anything. So take your pick.
And I do want that free copy. :P You better get that for me!

How come YOU don't get one for free then?

DGN said...

I do have one for free. We ALL got one. I'm just giving you Eileen's copy. I'm going to have to use your irewards card, because the book is 14 bucks and 12 with the membership card. It's paperback too, so that will come in handy.