9.05.2008

Positivity

With the last few mopey postings I've made, I think need to change up the mood. So I found some really inspirational quotes from Randy Pausch. He's a professor and an author who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He passed away just this July 25th of 2008. His last mission before he passed away was to share his wisdom of positivity all around him. In every lecture he asked his audience "what wisdom would you try to impart to the world if you knew it was your last chance?"

I just chose the ones that struck me, which was an abridged version of his "Last Lecture" talk on Oprah...
  • “I don’t choose to be an object of pity.”
  • “Experience is what you get, when you don’t get what you want.”
  • “Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things.”
  • “Decide if you’re Tigger or Eeyore.”
  • “Live with integrity.”
  • “A good apology has three parts: 1. I’m sorry! 2. It was my fault! 3. How do I make it right?”
  • “Wait long enough and people WILL show you their good side. Be patient.”
  • “Show gratitude.”
  • “Don’t complain; just work harder.”
  • “If you live your life the right way, the Karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you.”

No comments: