9.22.2008

Morning Rush!

I finally got a call from the board! First day of supply teaching and I arrive late. Good way to start the school year! Haha...

It wasn't my fault though. The board called 15 mins. before the school started, so I had to scramble and find the school's number to notify them that I am on my way but will be a little late. They were understanding and all went well. The day consisted of me babysitting students from Gr. 9s to 12. I instructed them of what their teacher listed in their lesson plan and I just regurgitate that. Some attitudes were exchanged from students, but of course the job comes with the territory. There were good students as well. But overall, it was a good learning experience. I am looking forward to seeing more different classes and schools. And I need to develop a thicker skin dealing with these kids. Tsk tsk...

On another note, I got a letter from 'Mac' (we'll call him that from now on which I must remember to alter his name in another post). *Note to self edit previous post* I was surprised that he would write to me considering of how our last conversation was. He was very angry and negative. But as a good friend and ex-girlfriend, I tried to be understanding. I think he just needs to be with people to distract him from his problems. So that means I will have to take him out with my friends. I'm not doing him a favour, more like I'd like to show him that I am still there for him not as his girlfriend, but as a friend.

No comments: