9.08.2008

Destination...where I started, at home.

I am going crazy just sitting here waiting for a call from the school board to take another teacher's place when they are sick. I know I have been warned numerous times that it'll take some time to get a f/t teaching job within a board, especially with the popularity of teaching nowadays. I also know that it's only the second week of school and teachers are still trying to get everything organized in their classrooms, therefore, it's not wise to be absent at this time. I am trying to be patient and pray something does pop-up.

I am also pondering if I should have done the teaching-overseas gig instead. I was pretty homesick when I was living in Windsor, which was unexpected because I really thought I could handle it. I did eventually became comfortable with the city halfway through. I just had a hard time with being away from family and friends, and not having the luxury of having them around when I needed them the most in Windsor. All is done and it was a great experience being on my own. I learned a few things about myself while I was in Windsor. I know now that I can't handle long-distance driving on my own...lol. I learned I am truly an emotional eater, hence gaining almost 20 pounds which I am doing my best shedding it off now. I've lost about almost 5 pounds so far? I learned that I really do enjoy my family's presence even at times that I need my own space. That's very contradictory but you know what I mean. I can boost my car battery now whenever it wouldn't start. I also learned that Canada is an awesome country, thanks to my OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) and some bursaries that I didn't realize I would be receiving. It got me to where I am and every second of experience was damn worth it.

I look forward to doing some form of teaching with my p/t job as a tutor tonight. At least that will keep me busy every week from now until December. I'll be getting a second student hopefully next week to tutor on Wednesday nights. More money! Yesssssssss!...

No comments: