8.31.2008

Reunion

I just came back from a lovely reunion with my parents' classmates. My Tita Nadine, who lives in Staten Island, New York, was in town for the weekend. I was really excited to hear that she's here to visit. When my family got to my uncle's place in Scarborough, we were told that my Tita Baby flew from Winnipeg for a surprise visit. We all ate at a Japanese restaurant, called Ten-Ichi, which was the restaurant I ate at a few years ago with my Loomis Art Store friends (what a small world!). As always, we ate a lot of food. My favourite were the spicy salmon rolls and for dessert I was introduced to the mango yogurt shot. Delicious! It was just nice to see familiar faces and good laughs from my parents' past. It has been a few years now since we've seen them as well. And it was good to catch on things even if it's for a few hours of chatting. As well, they always have to ask if my brother and I are dating anyone. Some things never change, even with my own marital status. Haha...ha...heh...

No comments: