8.29.2008

Friday?

It's been a week since I've been working from my tutoring job. The new school year starts next week and a new career path begins for me. I haven't really reflected back that much of what had happened over the past year because I feel like I need to always be on the go. I guess this would be a good time to do it now considering I am writing about it.

There were a lot of ups and downs that had happened during my teacher's college year, but in the end I took it in as an experience for my personal and also my professional life. I never really noticed it until someone told me, but I did grow up a little bit more. It was the independence that I needed to experience and it showed me that I am capable of taking care of myself. I had a good close knit of friends that I made at school who were also on the same boat as me. And of course my friends from home to remind me that I am not alone in this journey. It also made me appreciate how much I missed my family's presence as well. And in a sense, I became a little bit closer to my family as well.

I developed a greater respect for teachers and educators in general. Teaching is not a joke. I actually enjoy teaching in general and not just for Art anymore. And I say this all the time, but if I went back about 10 years ago and saw myself now, I wouldn't believe it for a second. I was always (still is) the shy, quiet, polite girl who just sat on her chair and dreaded doing public speeches. But at the same time, I needed to conquer that fear being in front of a crowd. I have a faced a few other fears when it came to teaching. And everyday, I am developing the confidence that I always wanted to have, which I saw in the other great teachers I've had in the past.

I embrace the challenges that teaching will throw at me and face it with a smile and determination. And I look forward to what else will unfold for me in other aspects of my life...

No comments: